QuickTime is a great plug-in for Mac, The program is available for all Mac end users and interestingly, if you have the newer model of Mac, the app will come installed on your computer as standard. The app is easy to use and is well designed to play Apple’s MOV format. It is absolutely convenient to use as it can also be hidden during the recording, however this app comes in two versions, the trial version and the Pro Version, the Pro version is paid for and of course comes with much better features like editing and conversation of video files. QuickTime will also allow you to screen share during a Skype call and also stores your recordings in the M4a format. In addition, this app is quite slow when downloading it, so be prepared for it.
How to use QuickTime on Mac
- To download QuickTime app, first be sure that you have an older version of Mac of which does not come with the app installed on it already, like i said earlier that the new versions of Mac come with the app installed, so when you figure it out, think of having the software.
- Downlaod/install QuickTime app from Apple official website to your Mac computer or from other trusted websites. Such as: Tucows and Softonic.
- The Tucows website is another website where you can smoothly download QuickTime for Mac and it’s able to show you its full information as well as people’s reviews about the app. Whereas Softonic website will provide you with QuickTimes advantages and disadvantages plus full details.
- Now install QuickTime but you have to watch out for the newest version
- When you are done with the installations, you will now have to click 2 times on 6.6_SnowLeopard file, once you get done with clicking on it, that means the app will be already installed on your Mac.
- The next step here would be to try testing the app just to be certain that you have configured everything correctly.
- If you test QuickTime and realise it is working perfectly even when you click on to playback the streaming videos / HD movie details as soon as embedded on an internet browser for example safari.
- And the moment you receive a message saying QuickTime has been successfully installed, it will automatically mean everything was done the correct way and now you will be good to go.
- Start recording Skype calls with QuickTime in high quality and your recordings will be automatically stored in a specified folder for a playback in the future.
Advantages of QuickTime
- QuickTime enables you to cut and re-size recorded videos as you may want them to appear.
- QuikTime allows users to have recordings of videos of FX and also be in position to edit.
- It is also possible to convert images to changed formats.
- With this app, you can record your videos in full screen
- This application comes with MIDI input.
- It allows users to download and store videos from the internet.
Disadvantages of QuickTime
- QuickTime is a bit slow to download.
- This app does not playback by just a single click; it has to be done manually by installing the extra codes.
- The trial version does not offer much.